Digital Paint Project

This post is about a project that I did for my Digital Imaging class. I scanned it and then put it into Photoshop by first making a black and white copy of it, and then an outline. The image size of this project is 3300 x 5100 and the resolution is at 300 pixels per inch. I began by gathering the colors from the photo with the eyedropper tool and then painting it. Each layer was a different part of the photo, starting with the hair and moving down. From there I just kept adding more and more colors. In the future, I would like to work on adding more shadows and highlights. 





The first photograph is the original photo from Seventeen Magazine. I found this particular photo by flipping through the magazine until I found a photo I liked the best and that I happened to be inspired by the most. I then scanned the photo in and opened it in Adobe Photoshop. The second photo is after I opened it in Photoshop and placed a black and white filter over it to continue the steps in the Digital Paint process. The third photograph is an outline I created using the brush tool and choosing the black paint color. I created the outline by using the original color scan and the black and white photo as an outline and traced over it with a new layer. The fourth and final photo is my final digital paint project. I created the final paint project by using many layers in Photoshop and outlining each part of the photo and taking the eyedropper tool to grab the correct color from the photograph. Each layer is a different part of the model's body. I started off with her hair, then worked on her face, arms, stomach and finally her clothes. To fill in each part of the outline, I first outlined the body part in black with the brush tool, then I grabbed the color with the eyedropper tool and added the color to my collection. I then outlined the inside of the black outline with the color from the photograph and then went with the bucket tool to fill the rest of it in, I did these steps for the whole paint project. I really like how this project turned out, especially since it was my first time created a Digital Paint project. In the future, I would like to add more colors and highlights to it. 



Overall I really love this project and how it turned out. In the future, I would love to create more artwork like this. 




Comments

Popular Posts