Sunset Photo

For my infographic, I decided on this one because it gives you five simple steps to take a sunset or sunrise photo. I'm going to focus on the sunset photos. 


1. Know when to shoot

Knowing when to shoot is very important. You should figure out a time to go and shoot your photo depending on when the sun sets where you are. I would arrive to the location a few times before the suns is about to set. I would also have your camera settings already set up and ready to take your photo.


2. Know where to shoot

Determine your location of where you want to take your photograph. I would suggest maybe going to the place and scoping it out to familiarize yourself with the area. Be on the lookout for anything that may get in the way of your photo! 


3. Watch the clouds

Definitely watch out for the clouds. This depends if you do or don't want the clouds to be in your photo. To me, it just depends, but for the photo I'm going to show I do have clouds in mine. Also, keep an eye out for the colors in the sunset too. 


4. Create foreground interest

You can definitely get creative and add something(s) to your photo to add your on twist on it. For example in the fourth step, this infographic shows a person posing in the photograph. This adds an artistic effect to the photograph, again you can add anything you want, these are just some helpful tips. 


5. Nail the exposure

Make sure you get the exposure right on the camera. Try and test out different settings to not only familiarize yourself but to also see how different the photo can look with different exposures or at different times. Like step 5 shows, you can feed off of the blue in the sky. I my photo I have a mixture of different colors. To me, I like when the sunset has a few different colors instead of just one or two, but it's all about preference! 

Some helpful tips
  • Try to familiarize yourself with your camera and learn the different settings before you go.
  • Keep an eye out for anything that may ruin your photo. (Tree branches, people, etc.) This also depends on what YOU want in your photo.
  • Don't be afraid to try out different things!
  • Remember, its okay if you don't get the photo right on the first try. 




Comments

Popular Posts