Digital Illustration - Dunkin Donuts

If you are a coffee and donut lover like I am, you might want to head to your nearest Dunkin' Donuts before reading this post! 

This Dunkin' Donuts case study was for a project in my Digital Illustration class. I had the option to create a logo for myself or do a case study. I figured why not do a case study? The hard part of this was deciding on what company to do a case study on. I love Dunkin' Donuts, but I just think that the logo they have could be a bit better. So I figured I would recreate the logo in my own way. We had to come up with twenty - four hand drawn logos, then as a class we would narrow it down to four of them and from there we would decide on a final one. I had various ones with just coffee cups, donuts, and bagels. But, I ended up creating one with just the iced coffee cup. I had almost 100 artboards in Digital Illustrator and over 1,000 layers. Overall, I'm quite impressed with this project, it is definitely one of my favorites I have done. 

This first scan has a hot coffee cup, a sprinkle donut, an iced coffee cup with a half eaten donut on it and another sprinkle donut. 
The second scan of possible logos has a hot coffee cup, a hot coffee cup with a half eaten donut next to it, an iced coffee cup, and a few muchkins. 
The third scan (which is actually the sixth scan) shows a bagel, a wake - up wrap, and a hot coffee cup with a chocolate chip cookie next to it. Can you guess which logo ended up being the final one? Check below! 
Here is the final Dunkin' Donuts logo I did as part of my case study!


Comments

Popular Posts